/etc/modprobe.conf removed

This file is deprecated, so I have removed it.

The bulk of the content is now in /etc/modprobe.d/puppy.conf, and the sound related entries are moved to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf.

I have looked through all the scripts in Woof and fixed a few that referenced modprobe.conf.

Posted on 20 Oct 2010, 8:53


Posted on 20 Oct 2010, 12:55 by upnorth
mms links in web pages
Hi Barry:
I installed this in wary09 to test what worked in dpup10.
I can now click on mms:// uris in web pages and the link opens smplayer and plays (as i have it set up in wary09).

I haven't tested this yet with a pfix=ram environment in wary.
Also, you may need to create the new boolean of
network.protocol-handler.expose.mms false
so that it should prompt for an application the first time instead of giving the error message.
I'll test in a clean wary environment tomorrow.


Posted on 20 Oct 2010, 17:09 by Terryphi
View mms streams with Opera browser
Following on from upnorth's post above,using the libmms0 package mms streams can also be played with the Opera browser and gnome-mplayer. Here is how to set up Opera:

Click on "Add"
Protocol: mms
Open with other application: /usr/bin/gnome-mplayer
Click on "OK" twice to close both dialog boxes.

Browse to http://watch.squidtv.net/ to confirm that you can now view mms streams.

Posted on 20 Oct 2010, 22:50 by kirk

Where these the only scripts you had to change?


Posted on 21 Oct 2010, 2:15 by rjbrewer
mms streams
Tried both the libmms and expose-all options in
Wary 09. Still get mms not enabled.

On my Wary install with 1.1.18 Seamonkey, a regular
about:config mms setup works fine without libmms
or expose -all mods.
Delicast.com lists different stream types.

Wary 09 does not have "gnome-mplayer" in /usr/bin.
It has /usr/bin/gmplayer.

Posted on 21 Oct 2010, 2:48 by upnorth
just confirmed to work with builtin gmplayer and seamonkey in pfix=ram environment mms://stream1.france24.yacast.net/f24_liveen

Posted on 21 Oct 2010, 5:28 by rjbrewer
mms streams

Okay Up North;
Finally got it working with Warys Seamonkey and
Seems it needed the "expose" boolean instead of
the "external" boolean; not both.